Adult Fair • Department J
Exhibited in the Adult Building
Delivery Date: Wednesday, July 6, 8:00 a.m.
Amount Offered – $408
Entry Fee – $0.75 per class
Adult fair is for those exhibitors who have reached their 19th birthday by September 1, 2015.
Now you are able to enter your entries online!Learn more
A special award will be given to the exhibitor who acquires the highest and second highest points in the Ag Products Department These awards are being donated by:
Highest Points: Jacksonville Chamber Agri-Industry Division
Second Highest Points: Ace Hardware
1st—4 points 2nd—3 points 3rd—2 points 4th—1 points
|1st – $6.75||2nd – $6.25||3rd – $5.75||4th – $5.25|
White Potatoes, 5, one variety (Yukon not included)
Red Potatoes, 5, one variety
Slicing Tomatoes, 5
Sweet Corn, 5 ears in husk
Snap Beans, 20 pods
Summer Squash (yellow, straight neck), 2
Bell Peppers, 3
Onion, dry, 5
Cabbage, 1 head
Slicing Cucumbers, 5
Pickling Cucumbers, 10
Any other garden produce not listed
Vegetable display in a basket - gift donated by Family Gardens
- All entries in Department J must be grown by the exhibitor.
- All exhibits must be in place by 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the fair. The building will be open at 7:00a.m.
- Exhibits should be free from dirt.(For example: Potatoes washed, sweet corn not husked, onions brushed but not peeled, dry skins may be removed, etc.) No waxes, oils, or polishes on vegetables allowed. Click here for a pdf of information regarding the preparation of vegetables for exhibit or copies are available at the fair office.
- Entries must be exhibited on sturdy disposable plates with your entry tag attached to the plate.
- All exhibitors must purchase a pass.
- Please do not remove the ribbons from your exhibit until Sunday evening.
- Entries must be made by noon on Saturday, July 2, 2016.
- Social Security numbers are required.
- Exhibits must be picked up Sunday, July 10 between 4:00p.m. and 5:30p.m.
- See the General Rules, also.