Superintendent: Barbara Harris
Joy Harris, J. R. Harris, and Paula Huchison
AMOUNT OFFERED - $793
ENTRY FEE—$0.50 per class
- Entries close Monday, July 8, 2013 for Classes LJ1500 through LJ3512 and Wednesday, July 10 for Classes LJ5513 through LJ7524.
- Entries must be in place by 10:00a.m. Wednesday, July 10, 2013 for Classes LJ1500 through LJ3512 and by 10:00a.m. Friday, July 12 for Classes LJ5513 through LJ7524.
- JUNIOR EXHIBITORS MAY MAKE TWO (2) ENTRIES PER CLASS.
- No flowers or arrangements accepted before 7:30a.m.
- Exhibitors must furnish containers.
- All flowers in arrangements are to be grown and displayed by exhibitor.
- All exhibitors must bring specimens and all floral arrangements must be made at the Fairgrounds by the Junior exhibitor. Work space and water will be provided. Only the Junior Exhibitor will be allowed in the designated area for making arrangements.
- Flower arrangements are to be judged on container, flowers, and arrangement. Greenery may be added, but does not count as a variety. Herbs may be used as greenery.
- With the exception of special arrangements, flowers will be judged on flower, foliage, and stem quality. Specimen flowers must be displayed in a CLEAR 1/2 PINT, PINT, or QUART JAR. Container size must be in proportion to the flowers being displayed.
- All containers, accessories, plants and arrangements displayed on Wednesday should be picked up on Friday. All containers must be picked up on Sunday, July 14 between 4:00p.m. and 5:30p.m.
- All exhibitors must purchase a pass.
- Social Security numbers are required.
- See General Rules, also, for new Regulations.
Four special award will be given to the exhibitors who acquires the highest points in the Floriculture Department.
1st—7 points 2nd—6 points 3rd—5 points 4th—4 points 5th—3 points 6th—2 points 7th—1 point
These awards are being donated by:
LJ4495 Highest Points, First Day, 12 and under— Ashley's Petals and Angels and All Occasions
LJ4496 Highest Points, First Day, 13 and over— Ashley's Petals and Angels and All Occasions
LJ8497 Highest Points, Second Day, 12 and under— Ashley's Petals and Angels and All Occasions
LJ8498 Highest Points, Second Day, 13 and over— Ashley's Petals and Angels and All Occasions
Please indicate your age when making your entries. A person receiving a special award on the first day is not eligible for an award on the second day.
||Wednesday—Best in Show—Specimens
||Wednesday—Best in Show—Potted Plants
||Wednesday—Best in Show—Arrangements
||Friday—Best in Show—Specimens
||Friday—Best in Show—Potted Plants
||Friday—Best in Show—Arrangements
Petunia, single, 3 stems, same variety
||Petunia, double, 3 stems, same variety
||Marigold, large, 3 blooms, same variety, width size over 2 inches
||Marigold, dwarf, 5 blooms, same variety, width size up to 2 inches
||Zinnia, large, 3 blooms, same variety, no added greenery, width size over 3 inches
||Zinnia, medium, 3 blooms, same variety, no added greenery, width size 1 1/2 up to 3 inches
||Rose, Hybrid Tea/Floribunda (1 bloom)
||Daylily (1 stem)
||Terrarium, under 20"
||Succulant or cactus, 1 plant, name of variety
||Coleus, 1 plant
||Camouflage (any color foliage, no blooms)
||Flip Flop Into Summertime (needs a flip flop in arrangement)
||Celebrate 4th of July (red, white, & blue)
||Sunflower (single specimen)
||Gladiolus, one variety (1 spike)
||Cone Flowers, same variety (3 stems)
||Cosmos, same variety (3 stems)
||Oriental, Asiatic, Tiger, or Easter Lily (1 stock)
||Snapdragons, same variety and color (3 stems)
||Gerber Daisy, flowering, 1 plant
||Geranium in Bloom, 1 plant
||McGregor's Garden (planted pot of vegetables & flowers) (clay or plastic pot no more than 12" in diameter)
||Going on Vacation (all fresh flowers)
||Mixed Mass Arrangement in a Basket (5 or more different varieties)
||Big & Little (twin arrangements - 1 big (max 10" tall), 1 small (under 5"))