Superintendent: Mrs. Connie Boston
Karen Houston, Vera Kinnett, Arlene Smith, Delores Mason, Olga Perry, Katie Boston, Lynda Nolan, Deb Boston, Tammy Lonergan, and Tami Thompson
AMOUNT OFFERED - $825
ENTRY FEE—$0.50 per class
Exhibits must be delivered on Tuesday, July 9 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
(Those who have reached their 19th birthday by September 1, 2012)
- Food MUST be placed on a six-inch WHITE disposable plate or cardboard (no more than two inches larger than size of entry) and displayed in a clear plastic bag with your Exhibitor's Ticket securely stapled to the plate. Do not staple through the bag. Staple the tag with the Exhibitor's number clearly visible. NO DOILIES TO BE PLACED ON PLATE.
- No artificial coloring permitted except Classes OA1700, OA2701, OA3708, and OA4717.
- Baked goods must be cool when received for exhibit.
- Entries close at NOON on Saturday, July 6. All exhibits MUST be delivered on Tuesday, July 9 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and picked up Sunday, July 14 between 4:00p.m. and 5:30p.m.
- All exhibitors must purchase a pass.
- Items that have no ribbons will be disposed of on the last day of the Fair unless notified.
- All ornamental items will be returned to the participant.
- All entry tags must be filled out completely.
- Please do not remove ribbons from your exhibit until the Fair closes on Sunday, July 14.
- Social Security Numbers are required.
- See General Rules, also, for new Regulations.
BAKED GOODS ARE TO BE MADE FROM A RECIPE. NO BOX MIXES ARE TO BE USED UNLESS SPECIFIED!
Special Awards will be given to the exhibitors who acquire the highest and second highest points in the Culinary Department. These awards are being donated by:
OA9698 Highest Points - Rudi's Grill
OA9699 Second Highest Points - Los Rancheros
1st—4 points 2nd—3 points 3rd—2 points 4th— 1 point
Special Award will be given to the exhibitor who acquires the highest points in the Yeast Breads classes. This award is being donated by:
OA9739 Highest Points - Red Star Yeast
All exhibitors in the Culinary Department will receive a packet of yeast from Red Star Yeast.
||Best in Show—Decorated Cake
||Best in Show—Cookie Jar
||Best in Show—Cake
||Best in Show—Cookies
||Best in Show—Quick Bread
||Best in Show—Yeast Bread
||Best in Show—Candy
||Best in Show—Pastry
Decorated Cake (must be a cake and must be covered and on cardboard)
1st—$13.50 2nd—$11.50 3rd—9.50 4th—7.50
||Cookie Jar (six different kinds of cookies made by the exhibitor, may be decorated, in a decorated cookie jar)
1st—$6.50 2nd—$6.00 3rd—$5.50 4th—$5.00
||White Cake (uniced) half of a layer
||Chocolate Cake (uniced) half of a layer
||Spice Cake (uniced) half of a layer
||Angel Food Cake (uniced) one-fourth of a cake (no box mixes)
||Box Cake (Do Your Own Thing) include recipe, equal to half of a layer (uniced)
||Cake Made in the Microwave (any recipe) (uniced) half of a layer
||Frosted Layer Cake, half cake (2 or more layers)
||Pound Cake (uniced) fourth of a cake
||Refrigerator Cookies (3)
||Oatmeal Cookies (3) (no raisins)
||Drop Cookies (3)
||Sugar Cookies (3)
||Peanut Butter Cookies (3)
||Chocolate Chip Cookies (3)
||Bar Cookies (3) include recipe
||Decorated Cookies (3)
||Plain Brownies, no nuts, icing, or powdered sugar (3)
||Coffee Cake (half cake)
||Nut Bread, 3 slices
||Bannana Bread (without nuts), 3 slices
||Zucchini Bread (without nuts), 3 slices
||Ginger Bread (without nuts), 3 pieces
||Plain Muffins, any recipe (3 muffins) (no topping or papers)
||Corn Bread, 3 pieces
||Quick Bread, any other type, 3 slices
||Yeast Bread, any recipe, one loaf (your choice of loaf pan size)
||Bread Machine Bread (one loaf)
||Clover Leaf Rolls (3)
||Dinner Rolls (3)
||Crescent Rolls (3)
||Cinnamon Rolls, uniced (3)
||Fudge, no nuts (4 pieces)
||Dinner Mints (coloring allowed) (3 pieces)
||Candy, any other kind, no nuts (3 pieces)
||Pie Shell in disposable pie tin
||Apple Pie, 1/8 pie
||Cherry Pie, 1/8 pie