Emily Bell and Meredith Weger, Contemporary Duet from Jacksonville
Carmyn Saxer, Vocal Solo from Jacksonville
The Talent Contest will be held in the Grandstand at the
Morgan County Fairgrounds on Wednesday, July 10 at 7:00 p.m.
Awards for the Senior and Junior Division
First Place: $100
Second Place: $75
Third Place: $50
Fourth Place*: $25
Fifth Place*: $15
*If entries do not exceed 7 in either division only First, Second and Third place will be awarded in that division.
Trophies and award monies are donated by
The Farmers State Bank and Trust Company.
- All acts must provide their own musical accompaniment if needed. Recorded accompaniment must be on a CD
- Limit of 4 minutes per act (This includes set up)
- Like talent on recording is discouraged i.e., vocal, taps or like instruments
- Practice time will be from 5:00pm – 6:30pm on the afternoon of the contest. (First come first serve.)
- If you have won the Illinois State Talent Contest you may not compete in that same division.
- If you have competed at the Illinois State Talent Contest you may not compete in that same division as the same type or grouping at the Morgan County Talent Contest. (i.e. If you qualified and competed at State as a Jr. Division dance solo you cannot compete again in the same division, genre and grouping at a county competition. You could compete as a dance duet or group.)
- If you have already won another county competition this year you may not compete.
- If you have already won a division at the Morgan County Fair you may compete again only in a different type or grouping. You may also not compete the next year after the win.
- Contestants are limited to two acts. Acts must be of different types or groupings, i.e. solo, small group (up to 4) or large group.
- There is no restriction on genre or style of talent performed.
- Oldest contestant in the group decides the group’s division.
No entry fee for the contest, but everyone attending will pay all gate and grandstand entry fees.
- All entries must be received by the Friday before the competition. There is a limit of acts per division.
- Liability statement: The Morgan County Fair Association, Talent Contest committee and its sponsors will not be held liable for any injury or damage to person or property that may occur during practice or competition. You practice and compete at your own risk.
- First place winners in the Junior and Senior Divisions will advance to the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs. State Talent Contest to be held in January, 2014. In the event that the winner cannot perform, the 2nd place winner may be invited to appear.
- State Talent Contest rules can be found atwww.illinoiscountyfairs.org/convention/talent.asp
If you need further information call
Kristan Becker Hoffman, Director at 217-370-0853.
Click here for downloadable entry form.