Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Grandstand, 7 p.m.
The Farmers State Bank and Trust Company
Kids 5 and under: Free
Fill out the form below.
Senior Division: Senior Division entrants must not have reached their twenty-first birthday before October 1, 2016.
Junior Division: Junior Division entrants must not have reached their fifteenth birthday before October 1, 2016.
1st place: $100
2nd place: $75
3rd place: $50
4th place: $25
5th place: $15
If entries do not exceed 7 in either division only First, Second and Third place will be awarded in that division.
- If contest rules are not followed, awards will be forfeited.
- All acts must provide their own musical accompaniment, if needed. Record accompaniment must be on a CD. If music does not play act will be disqualified if a 2nd copy cannot be produced in a timely manner.
- Limit of 4 minutes per act. Set up for acts are limited to 2 minutes.
- Like talent on recording is discouraged. (i.e. vocal, taps, or like instruments)
- Practice time will be from 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. on the afternoon of the contest. (First come first serve.)
- Stage is a wood floor 15 feet x 40 feet. A ladies dressing room is provided.
- Judging will focus on ability, costume, audience appeal and stage presentation. Judges results are final.
- If you have won the Illinois State Talent Contest you may not compete in that same division.
- If you have competed at the Illinois State Talent Contest you may not compete in that same division as the same type or grouping at the Morgan County Fair Talent Contest. (i.e. If you qualified and competed at State as a Jr. Division dance solo you cannot compete again in the same division, genre and grouping at a county competition. You could compete as a dance duet or group.)
- If you have already won another county competition this year you may not compete.
- If you have already won a division at the Morgan County Fair you may compete again only in a different type or grouping. You may also not compete the next year after the win.
- Contestants are limited to two acts. Acts must be of different types or groupings. (i.e. solo, small group (up to 4) or large group) Contestants may be limited to one act each if acts of competition exceed the limit.
- There is no restriction on genre or style of talent performed.
- Oldest contestant in the group decides the group's division.
- This is an amateur contest. Anyone who performs regularly for pay is NOT considered an amateur.
- No entry fee for the contest, but everyone attending will pay all gate and grandstand entry fees.
- Show will provide sound, lighting and hand held microphones only. Act must provide all other equipment and props.
- All entries must be received by the Friday before competition. There is a limit of acts per division. Priority will be given to entries from Morgan County if the acts exceed the limit.
- Liability statement: The Morgan County Fair Association, Talent Contest committee and its sponsors will not be held liable for any injury or damage to person or property that may occur during practice or competition. You practice and compete at your own risk.
- First place winners in the Junior and Senior Divisions will advance to the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs State Talent Contest to be held in January 2018. In the event that the winner cannot perform, the 2nd place winner may be invited to appear.
- State contest fee will be provided by the Morgan County Fair Association
- State Talent Contest rules can be found at www.illinoiscountyfairs.org/convention/talent.asp
For further information:
Kristan Becker Hoffman, Director