2.6 Diesel 8000 lb. Rules
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or 16 years of age and have both parents' written consent or guardian's written consent.
- All drivers must have a valid state driver's license.
- Hitch height to be a maximum of 26" for 4 wheel drive and 30" for 2 wheel drive hook point.
- The hitch must be of receiver-style hitch. Reinforcements are permitted.
- Hook point must not extend forward of the center of the rear axle.
- The hooking point must be the rear most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hook point may not be any shorter than 44" from the centerline of the rear axle.
- The hitch must must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions.
- Bumpers may be notched or removed.
- The hook point must be made to specifications listed in the general rules with a minimum opening of 3.75" inside diameter opening for the sled hook.
- The hooking point will be measured to the center of the drawbar loop.
- Any type of clevis is prohibited.
Transmission, clutches and flywheels
- Transmissions and transfer cases are limited to a production one ton.
- All bell housing must be flush with the inside surface.
- SFI certified bell housing with Crower stand adjustment slot are acceptable.
- Add four additional bolts to fasten the bell housing to block saver plate. Those bolts are to be 3/8" grade 5 and between existing bolts on the top half of the bell housing, along with 5 evenly spaced bolts between block saver and bell housing on the lower half.
- Sequential shifters are prohibited.
- Transmission brakes are prohibited.
- Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent shifter from accidentally being put into reverse.
- A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory.
- All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure type hose.
- Engines must have been available as a factory option in a one ton or smaller pick-up.
- Blocks must be circulate coolant freely. The use of concrete or other block fillers is prohibited.
- Water pumps must be present
- Electric fans are permitted.
- Alternators must be present and powered via the crankshaft.
- Injection pumps are limited to a P7100 maximum.
- Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted.
- Radiators must be in the vicinity of the stock location and be of at least stock size.
- Diesel trucks are limited to single turbocharger. The inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6" measured at the smallest diameter area of the compressor wheel. A bushing may be used to downsize the compressor housing ahead of the wheel.
- If a bushing is used, it must be round, metallic and at least 3/4" long, mounted within 0.050 inch of the compressor wheel and the inside diameter of the bushing may not exceed the 2.6 inch limit. Bushings must be securely fastened to the compressor housing. The inlet will be measured using a 2.650 inch plug or internal calipers. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited.
- No water injection allowed. All components related to water injection must be removed from the vehicle prior to competing.
- Truck must have factory frames and complete bodies.
- Truck must have all body components: fenders, hood, doors, bed. All original sheet metal in cab must be intact. The body must be an OEM truck body, no fiberglass body parts are allowed.
- Complete headlight and taillight assemblies are mandatory and must be operative.
- Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must open and close via factory electrical or mechanical means.
- A complete interior including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc. is mandatory.
- The vehicle must retain the full original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it were so equipped.
- Additional stabilizers are permitted.
- Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
- The engine must be in the OEM location for make and model of vehicle. Weight box maximum width 84 inches, not to exceed 60 inches forward from top center position of front axle tube.
- Truck must have a factory front suspension in place.
- The factory front suspension configuration must be retained.
- The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location.
- Adjustable pillow ball mounts are permitted.
- The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory mounting points to chassis are maintained.
- The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved castor or camber.
- Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted.
- Bolt on traction bars and devices are permitted.
- An OEM rear suspension must be in place
- Any traction bars or devices must be bolt-on only. Welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing.
- The rear suspension may be bolted solid to eliminate travel.
- All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel.
- Production (OEM) driveline up to one ton with an unaltered factory wheelbase and track width. Dana 70 front and Dana 80 rear axle maximum (1 ton maximum). Hollander Interchange to be used for reference.
- Front dual wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels. Maximum width is 102 inches.
- Exhuast system must run minimum of 12 inches vertically. Minimum height 12 inches above hood.
- No rain caps allowed.
- Turbocharged engines must have two 3/8 inch grade 5 bolts in either (or both) vertical portion or horizontal portion of exhaust pipes. Bolts are to be installed 90 degrees of each other and within one inch of each other.
Fuel and fuel containers
- Fuel must be pump #1 or #2 diesel, Soy/Biodiesel. Off road diesel is prohibited.
- No additives are allowed in fuel except those additives blended by the fuel manufacturer or refinery.
- Nitrous Oxide and other oxygen extenders as well as the use of propane is prohibited. All system components MUST be removed from the vehicle during competition.
- Fuel cells are allowed.
- No fuel cells in the driver's compartment.
- All diveline U-joints are to be enclosed 360 degrees using 1/4 inch steel or 5/16 inch aluminum and must be a minimum of 6 inches wide with a maximum of 2 inches clearance from the U-joint. Cross members and frame rails of equal thickness will be considered shielding.
- All drive shafts must also have at least one drive shaft loop 1/4 inch thick steel or 3/16 inch aluminum x 3/4 inch wide minimum. Any shaft longer than 36 inches shall require 2 loops.
- Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
- If a track official or tech official feel a vehicle is unsafe, they have the right not to allow the vehicle to pull. Track official or tech official has the right to bar a competition vehicle from competing if he or she believes that the vehicle has a potential safety problem.
- All pulling vehicles must be equipped with a minimum of 2 lb. Halon type of 2 1/2 lb dry-powder type fire extinguisher, full charged with a gauge, in working condition and convenient to the operator.
- All engines turning 4500 rpm or higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or dampner meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
- The harmonic balancer, water pumps, alternators and other engine accessories shall be considered shielding.
- ALL COMPETITORS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A SNELL 1985 HELMET.
- Tires must be D.O.T. legal up to 35 inches maximum, no cut tires or chains.
- Rear dual wheels are allowed.
- Maximum weight for truck and driver is 8000 lbs.